If you look at the scriptures, Jesus and his disciples went to where the people were. Like it or not, social media is where the people are, but what should you post on your churches’ social media platform? Here are some social media post ideas for your church, categorized by goal:
To build community and engagement:
- Share highlights from recent events: Photos and videos of church services, youth group activities, community outreach initiatives, and other events foster a sense of belonging and connection. StreamingChurch.tv has a tool that can take your sermon and make video clips that can easily be shared. Click here for more info.
- Ask questions and spark conversation: Encourage interaction with polls, quizzes, and open-ended questions related to faith, current events, or your church’s message.
- Spotlight members: Share stories of people in your church community who are making a difference or living out their faith in inspiring ways.
- Run contests and giveaways: Offer prizes for creative content, Bible verse challenges, or photo contests to boost engagement and reach.
To inspire and uplift:
- Share daily verses or scripture quotes: Uplifting and thought-provoking passages from the Bible can provide encouragement and inspiration.
- Post short devotional messages: Offer words of reflection and encouragement based on your faith or current events. StreamingChurch.tv now has a digital devotional tool that can take your sermon content and make short devotionals from it. Click here for more info.
- Share inspirational stories and testimonies: Personal accounts of faith journeys and God’s work in people’s lives can uplift and inspire others.
- Highlight acts of kindness and service: Showcase how your church community is making a positive impact in the world.
You can now use AI to help you with your social media! and download 20 AI Tips for Churches!
To promote events and programs:
- Create eye-catching graphics for upcoming events: Use high-quality visuals and clear CTAs (calls to action) to promote church services, Bible studies, youth activities, and other gatherings.
- Share testimonials from participants: Let past attendees or beneficiaries share their positive experiences with your events and programs.
- Run social media ad campaigns: Leverage paid advertising to reach a wider audience and target specific demographics with your event promotions.
- Use live video: Go live on Facebook or Instagram to share snippets of church services, behind-the-scenes glimpses, or Q&A sessions with pastors or leaders.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Tailor your content to your specific audience: Consider your church’s demographics, interests, and preferred platforms when deciding what to post.
- Maintain a consistent brand voice: Use language and visuals that reflect your church’s personality and values.
- Post regularly: Aim for at least a few times per week to stay top-of-mind and keep your followers engaged.
- Interact with your audience: Respond to comments and messages promptly, answer questions, and participate in conversations.
- Track your results: Use analytics tools to see what types of content perform best and adjust your strategy accordingly.
By implementing these ideas and staying creative, you can use social media to effectively connect with your church community, spread your message, and make a positive impact.
StreamingChurch.tv is here for you in 2024 and beyond! Reach out to us, since 2001 our seasoned ministry staff has worked exclusively with churches and ministries around the world. We have monthly webinars to equip you for ministry. Click here to learn more.