If you are in ministry, you know it can be overwhelming at times and especially when you add in managing your church’s online platforms. Here are 5 ideas to keep in mind when it comes to taking care of your church’s online responsibilities.
1. Update your website. Your website is your online home base. It should be the first place people go to learn about your church, its mission, and its programs. Make sure your website is well-designed, easy to navigate, and up-to-date.
2. Be active on social media. Social media is a great way to connect with people and share news and updates about your church. Choose the social media platforms that your target audience is using and be consistent with your posts.
3. Stream your services. Live streaming is a great way to make your church services available to people who can’t attend in person. You can live stream your services on your website, social media, or a dedicated streaming platform.
4. Create online resources. Offer online resources such as who is Jesus, Bible studies, sermons, and devotionals that people can use to learn more about the Bible and grow in their faith.
5. Be consistent. The key to building an effective online presence is to be consistent. Make sure to post regularly on social media, update your website, and host online church services on a regular basis.
It takes time to build an online presence, so don’t get discouraged if you don’t see results overnight, but by following these tips, you can start building a strong online presence for your small church.
Since 2001 our seasoned ministry staff has worked exclusively with churches and ministries around the world. We have monthly webinars to equip you for ministry. Click here to learn more.