School is starting again and families are looking for a church that can meet the needs of everyone in the household. This means that people will be checking out your church’s website and videos, both live streaming and archives. Here are some tips for churches that want to reach new people and keep their online audience engaged when live streaming video:
- Have a clear and concise purpose for your live stream. What do you want your viewers to learn, do, or feel after watching? Once you know your purpose, you can tailor your content and presentation accordingly.
- Use high-quality video and audio. This doesn’t mean you need to have a professional studio, but you should make sure your video is clear and your audio is audible.
- Engage with your viewers. Ask questions, take polls, and encourage them to comment. This will help you build a connection with your audience and make them feel like they’re part of the experience. The person speaking as well as the church online host must engage.
- Promote your live streaming in advance. Let your congregation and online community know when and where they can watch. You can use social media, email, and your church website to spread the word.
- Make it easy to watch. Your live streaming should be easy to find and watch on any device. You may want to create a dedicated landing page for your live stream or embed it on your church website.
- Use visuals to keep viewers engaged. This could include using images, videos, or even PowerPoint presentations.
- Have a variety of content. Don’t just stream your Sunday services. You could also stream Bible studies, concerts, or even just a conversation between two pastors.
- Engage with your audience in real time. Respond to comments and questions, and ask for feedback. An important job for the church online host.
- Promote your live streams on social media. Share the link to your live streaming on your church’s social media pages and encourage people to watch.
- Considering streaming to social media as well as your website. Make sure your live streaming is available on multiple platforms, such as YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram and other platforms.
- Be patient and persistent. It takes time to build an audience for your live streaming. Don’t get discouraged if you don’t see results immediately. Just keep creating great content and engaging with your audience and you’ll eventually start to see results.
- Use a streaming platform that is easy to use and has good customer support. There are many different live streaming platforms available, so it’s important to do your research and choose one that is right for your church. Customer support on the days you stream is very important.
Since 2001 our seasoned ministry staff has worked exclusively with churches and ministries around the world. We have monthly webinars to equip you for ministry. Click here to learn more.